Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
We are currently seeking an Associate Professor, Physical Therapy for our Los Angeles South Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
· Earned doctoral degree (PhD preferred) from a regionally accredited institution.
· Evidence of scholarship (published manuscripts and scholarly presentations).
· Credentialed physical therapist, licensed to practice in California.
· Certification as a clinical specialist highly desirable.
· Minimum of five years in the field of physical therapy, including documented clinical practice as a physical therapist.
· At least five years of experience in a full-time academic appointment in an accredited physical therapy program.
· Leadership knowledge in the field of physical therapy to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
· Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
· Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, and any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
· Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
Reports directly to the Dean-Program Director Physical Therapy; supports the Program and University in fulfillment of their missions, purposes and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in scholarly activity and other relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, researcher, role model, mentor and facilitator. Participates in curriculum development and coordination, teaches courses, and assists with teaching assignments. Creates an educational environment fostering innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor to students and junior faculty; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(K) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu and click on “Employment at WCU” to be directed to our Careers home page.
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.