Trine University invites applications for a faculty position in the Department of Physical Therapy. The 12-month positions will begin in 2013/2014, with the exact date to be determined by mutual agreement. Faculty rank will be based on experience.
The Trine University Doctor of Physical Therapy program in Fort Wayne will address a significant regional need for outstanding graduates and is being strongly supported by the region’s two largest health systems. The School of Health Sciences is committed to educational excellence, producing outstanding graduates, and making a positive impact on the health care needs of our communities through service, leadership and scholarship. U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
As part of the Life Science Education and Research Consortium of Northeast Indiana this program will be housed in newly renovated, state of the art facilities on Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus, near downtown Fort Wayne. These facilities will also be home to the Occupational Therapy Doctorate program being developed by Huntington University, and a human movement sciences center incorporating cutting edge technology. The consortium is committed to generating a world-class center with a focus on rehabilitation, senior care and behavioral health.
Candidates with a desire to participate in the development and implementation of a high quality, evidence based, and student centered curriculum are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a core member of the DPT program faculty, the successful candidate will be responsible for: contributing to the design, planning, and assessment of the curriculum; teaching, advising and mentoring students; and engaging in scholarship and service activities.
Experience: A PhD at least 1 year of experience teaching in a MPT or DPT program is required. Candidates must be licensed or eligible to be licensed as a physical therapist in Indiana.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
· Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
· Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
· Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with applications relative to this position.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
· Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote intellectual and personal development through professionally-focused learning opportunities, preparing graduates to succeed, lead, and serve. Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
· Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
· Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
· Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
· Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
· Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine’s policy.
· Free golf at the university’s Zollner Golf Course, an 18-hole championship course.
· Employee discount at Whitney Commons dining hall and Tgear store.
· See plan documents for benefit details.
Apply online at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6702402
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.