Job Title: Director of Clinical Education and Assistant / Associate Tenure Track Professor
Organization: Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Contact name: Jeremiah Tate
Contact e-mail: Jeremiah-Tate@utc.edu
Contact Phone: 423-425-4747
Contact Fax: 423-425-2215
Contact Web Site: www.utc.edu/physical-therapy/
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is seeking candidates for a 12-month Tenure-Track faculty appointment to begin Fall 2015. Qualifications of the ideal candidate include a degree in physical therapy and a terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, DSc). Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate evidence of specialty expertise in one or more of the following areas: orthopedics, manual therapy, geriatrics, differential diagnosis, or management; however, applicants with expertise in other areas will also be considered. For applicants with a clinical doctorate (Doctor of Physical Therapy), it will be expected that a terminal doctorate be completed prior to tenure.
Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in Tennessee
• A minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed physical therapist
• A minimum of 2 years of clinical practice as a CCCE and/or CI or 2 years of experience in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a PT program.
• Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving and counseling skills
· Ability to plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, monitor, and assess the clinical education component of the curriculum
• Ability to design and conduct collaborative research supporting an active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
· Proven experience or ability to provide instruction in a variety of modalities including online
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
• Earned terminal doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc) in physical therapy or related field.
• Prior teaching experience in a physical therapist academic program
• Earned status as an APTA Basic and/or Advanced Credentialed Clinical Instructor
• Certification in advanced clinical practice (e.g., ABPTS, manual therapy, ATC, MBA, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
• Extramural funding
• Documented record of professional or university service
UTC offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a traditional promotion and tenure system. Strong clinical partnerships provide faculty a variety of collaborative research and clinical practice opportunities. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience.
The Department of Physical Therapy at UTC has a strong reputation with outstanding student outcomes, strong support of the clinical community and senior level tenured faculty, the majority of whom have earned advanced professional certifications. As a SACS level 5 doctoral granting institution, UTC is a top public regional institution that provides a broad range of undergraduate and graduate liberal arts and professional degrees. The mission of the University is to serve as a national model of an engaged metropolitan university whose faculty, staff and students in collaboration with external partners, employ the intellectual resources of the liberal arts and professional programs to enrich the lives of those we serve. Chattanooga is a thriving economic hub offering a wide variety of outdoor, cultural, and community events.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit the following: 1) a letter of application, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) teaching philosophy, 4) brief summary of current or proposed research agenda and professional service activities, 5) official academic transcripts, and 6) confidential contact information (telephone and email) for three references. All application materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct email inquiries to: Jeremiah-Tate@utc.edu or by post to
Jeremiah Tate, PT, PhD; Chair, Faculty Search Committee; Department of Physical Therapy; University of Tennessee at Chattanooga; 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.