Interprofessional Education and Practice SIG
The Interprofessional Education and Practice Special Interest Group shall serve as a resource and forum for members of the Academy who value and champion interprofessional education (IPE) and collaborative practice (IPCP) in all facets of the physical therapy profession.
- Foster networking and collaboration among physical therapists and physical therapist assistants interested in IPE and IPCP
- Engage in initiatives that support IPE and IPCP innovation in physical therapist and physical therapist assistant education
- Foster a culture of innovation, intellectual engagement, and leadership in the Academy of Education to support IPE and IPCP endeavors
- Facilitate excellence in IPE education through collaboration with external IPE organizations
- Disseminate information related to interprofessional collaborative practice to the physical therapy community in coordination with the Academy of Education.
Chair: Kimberly Beran-Shepler
Vice Chair: Myles Quiben
Secretary: Laura Gras
Professional Development Committee Chair: Sally McCormack Tutt
Scholarly Endeavors Committee Chair: Shelene Thomas
Communications Committee Chair: Cheryl Babin