Residency/Fellowship Education SIG
ˇThe Residency/Fellowship Education Special Interest Group of the APTA Academy of Education, APTA provides a forum where residency/fellowship faculty including program directors, coordinators and mentors promote excellence in residency education by providing collaborative opportunities for educational research, exploring opportunities for curricular development, enhancing resident clinical reasoning skills and discussing resources available for assessment in residency education.
- To provide a vehicle for enhancing communication among those invested in residency/fellowship education.
- To promote cooperative efforts among residency/fellowship programs in advancing and improving curriculum.
- To serve as a resource for collaboration in research for the advancement of resident/fellowship education.
- To assist in the advancement of skilled clinical mentorship for all resident/fellowship faculty.
Distinguished Mentor in Residency/Fellowship Education Award is to be given to recognize excellence in Residency/Fellowship mentoring
AWARD ELIGIBILITY / CRITERIA INCLUDE
- Each recipient will be an Academy of PT Education member who is currently engaged or has demonstrated life-long engagement in residency/fellowship education.
- Each recipient will have distinguished himself or herself through excellence in mentoring residents/fellows in an ABPTRFE accredited program.
- Each recipient will have distinguished himself or herself in a clinical specialty area as evidenced by mentoring experience, continued education, practice, patient outcomes and/or residency/fellowship outcomes.
- Have been engaged in Residency/Fellowship mentoring for at least 3 years
Individuals who are current members of the Academy of Education Board of Directors, the APTA Board of Directors, or APTA Staff are not eligible for the award and may not participate in the nomination process.
To submit nominations for the Academy of Education Awards, please click the link to be taken to our new submission system. You will be required to create an account in order to submit; this login does not need to match your APTA or Academy login. Creating an account will allow you to save your draft submission and return to complete and submit at a later time. Please note: draft submissions must be submitted in order to be considered.
Deadline to submit Award Nominations: November 1
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- October 2023
- Issue 15- July 2021
- Issue 14- April 2021
- CSM Special Edition - January 2021
- Issue 13 - October 2020
- Issue 12 - June 2020
- Issue 11 - 2020 April
- Special Edition - CSM 2020
- Issue 10 - 2019 November
- Issue 9 - 2019 September
- Issue 8 - 2019 May
- Issue 7 - 2019 March
- Issue 6 - 2018 December
- Issue 5 - 2018 August
- Issue 4 - 2018 May
- Special Edition - CSM 2019