12- Month, FT, Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy (Neurorehabilitation Emphasis)
Company/Organization: Hardin-Simmons University
Location: Abilene, TX
Contact: Dr. Robinson: 325-670-1915 OR Department of Physical Therapy: 325-670-5860
Come join our dynamic and supportive community at Hardin-Simmons University School of Physical Therapy! We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate faculty member to teach and mentor future physical therapists. This is a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position. The preferred candidate must have a physical therapy license with strengths, interests, and certification as a neurological clinical specialist. We aim to prepare excellent physical therapists who are enlightened by Christian faith and values. Aligning with our mission is essential for all faculty members.
As a core faculty member, you will have the opportunity to shape the curriculum, teach core courses in your specialty area, advise and mentor students, maintain an active research agenda, and serve the broader mission of the school. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to excellence in teaching, who stays current on the latest evidence-based practices in neurorehabilitation, and who is excited to train the next generation of clinicians.
Our program has an established reputation for preparing knowledgeable, compassionate physical therapists who make a real difference in people's lives. As a faculty member, you will join a collaborative team of educators who are committed to developing the whole student.
Located in the friendly city of Abilene, Texas, Hardin-Simmons offers extensive resources to support faculty teaching, research, and professional development. We also offer a generous benefits package.
Below are qualification requirements for applicants. More details can be found on the full application linked here:
- A bachelor’s is required as the prerequisite to attaining the DPT.
- A DPT degree with post-professional doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, or ScD) preferred; those working towards completion of post-professional doctorate will be considered.
- ABPTS or other specialty certification preferred.
- Previous teaching or guest lecture experience in physical therapy program preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of practice experience as a licensed physical therapist with a focus in neurological rehabilitation preferred.
Below lists the essential duties of a faculty member. More details can be found on the full application linked here:
- Assume the role of primary instructor for a variety of courses with a focus in Neuroscience and Neurorehabilitation.
- Prepare and present materials in areas of assigned courses that meet learning objectives.
- Develop assessments to evaluate student competencies within courses.
- Be an active member in assigned university and department committees.
- Establish and carry out an active scholarly agenda.
- Participate in university, community, and professional service activities.
- Advise and mentor students through the curriculum and on research projects.
- Complete yearly university assessments for self and peer evaluation.
- Assist in laboratory and practical exam experiences; serve as an expert guest speaker within and outside the department.
- Participate in patient care and program pro bono clinical services.
- Represent the PT Department and University in an ethical and Christian manner.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the Department’s mission activities.
- Utilize CANVAS as the Learning Management System as course professor.
- Display excellent communication skills including conflict resolution and mentoring.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to implement active online teaching applications (Zoom, Flip grid, etc.) preferred.
- Other duties as needed.
Come be part of a community that is shaping tomorrow's servant leaders! We aim for excellence in all we do. If you are ready to inspire and shape the PT clinicians of the future, we encourage you to apply today! The link to apply can be found on our website here: https://www.hsutx.edu/work-at-hsu/open-faculty-positions/
Please reach out to our Search Committee Chair or our Program Director with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Search Committee Chair:
Dr. Allison Robinson, PT, DPT
Department of Physical Therapy
Dr. Jill Jumper, PT, DPT, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Therapy
To apply, click on the link: https://hsutx.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=3&c=hsutx&id=806
With questions, please reach out to the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. Allison Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.